Kosmea Recipes: Rose Hip Oil Vinaigrette
Posted August 9, 2021
Vinaigrettes and salad dressings can be packed with vitamins and minerals to aid digestion and support your immune system. All you need is a few healthy recipes in your recipe book which can be used across a few different salads.
Here’s an easy and tasty addition to any salad this summer. Enjoy this dressing with Rose Hip Oil over a green leafy salad or a roast vegetable salad.
- 4 x drops Kosmea’s Rose Hip Oil
- 3 – 4 x tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 x cup water
- 2 x tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ x teaspoons yellow mustard powder
- 1 x teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ x bunch fresh basil chopped finely
- ½ x bunch fresh oregano chopped finely
- 2 x grinds fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well
- Make a salad of your choice – we made a simple rocket, cucumber and shaved parmesan salad
- Pour over salad or have on the table for people to add to their taste
- Impress and enjoy with friends at a BBQ or family gathering!
Roast Vegetable Summer Salad
You can use this Rosehip Oil salad dressing on roasted vegetables. We like to roast an equal mix of pumpkin, zucchini, beetroot, capsicum, and eggplants, chopped into 3 cm portions, allow them to cool and then add this delicious dressing with finely sliced onion and salt and pepper to taste. Yum!
The benefits of Rose Hip Oil
The use of Rosehip Oil for the skin and hair, dates back to ancient times. The Egyptians and Romans understood the powerful restorative and regeneration properties of this potent oil.
- Rosehip Oil is rich in Omega 3 and 6, essential fatty acids that the body cannot produce itself, relying on external sources. Essential fatty acids are needed to repair damaged skin tissue and regenerate skin cells.
- Rosehip Oil is rich in vitamin A, shown to help prevent premature ageing caused by sun exposure and ageing. When skin is exposed to the sun, it can increase levels of enzymes that lead to the breakdown of collagen and elastin.
- Rosehip oil contains antioxidants, including beta-carotene and lycopene. Antioxidants are micronutrients that protect tissues in the body from the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Rosehip Oil has anti-inflammatory properties to aid in wound healing and reduce inflammation in the body.