Rosehip Oil for the face – how it helps your skin, and why you should use it
Posted February 28, 2022
Full of vitamins, essential fatty acids and antioxidants, Rosehip Oil is a super fine oil that deeply penetrates the skin to infuse it with its potent healing properties.
Over the years, our customers have experienced the benefits of one of Mother Nature’s true beauty remedies for a variety of skin conditions.
Since Kosmea pioneered the manufacturing and bottling of our Certified Organic Rosehip Oil in Australia over 28 years ago, we still have the most pure and highest quality oil on the market today.
Read on to find out how Rosehip Oil helps your skin to restore its natural glow, and why it helps a range of skin conditions from helping smooth out fine lines and wrinkles to calming dry and sensitive skin.
How Rosehip Oil helps your skin
Firstly, let’s look the very important role your skin plays in keeping you healthy.
- Protects you from UV rays
- Maintains the fluid balance your body (hydration)
- Regulates your body temperature
- Protects you from infections and allergic reactions
- Informs you of heat, cold or danger
The benefits of Rosehip Oil
Healthy skin has a strong network of collagen and elastin fibres making the skin more resilient and supple. Environmental factors such as sun damage and pollution cause this network of collagen to break down and the elastin molecules to reduce in number, causing the skin to lose its suppleness and youthful glow.
Rosehip Oil is not only rich in nutrients that help to restore and regenerate the skin cells, but it’s also a fine oil which is easily absorbed and therefore able to penetrate the deeper layers of your skin to work its magic.
- Essential fatty acids are needed to repair damaged skin tissue and regenerate skin cells. Kosmea’s Certified Organic Rosehip Oil is guaranteed to contain a minimum of 80% essential fatty acids.
- Rosehip Oil is rich in vitamin A (trans-retinoic acid). The latest research shows that trans-retinoic acid can help prevent premature ageing caused by sun exposure and the ageing process.
- Antioxidants help to protect and repair skin from the effects of stress, pollution, dehydration and other environmental factors that lead to premature ageing.
- The anti-inflammatory properties in Rosehip Oil when applied to wounds that are still healing, or to new and old scars, will help to improve them in both colour and texture.
Why you should use Rosehip Oil every day
Rosehip Oil is one of Mother Nature’s gifts, packed with vitamins and nutrients to provide antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal benefits.
It is gentle and effective even for babies, and therefore it is not only safe to use every day, but by adding Rosehip Oil to your dally skincare regime, you will see improvement in the texture and quality of your skin within two to three weeks.
A skincare routine for your skin type or skin condition
The skin specialist team at Kosmea have carefully created a skincare regime to suit your skin type and that will nourish your body, mind and soul. Whether you have fine lines, acne, oily skin, scars that you’re still concerned about, eczema or rosacea, you’ll find a skincare routine to lovingly care for your skin on a daily basis.
World’s No 1 – Nothing compares to Kosmea’s Rosehip Oil
Kosmea’s Rosehip Oil is the best in the world and nothing else compares to it. Kosmea proudly supports the local community of Lesotho, Africa by providing a sustainable income to families who handpick the rosehips.
From plant to bottle, we pay close attention to the extraction and manufacturing methods we use to retain its healing properties.
We do not cold press our rosehips which actually destroys important nutrients. Instead we use a supercritical extraction process to carefully extract the oil from the rosehips.
The result? Our Rosehip Oil has 10X more Vitamin A than another oil in the market, and we guarantee 80% essential fatty acids.
Kosmea Certified Organic Rosehip Oil is certified by the following governing bodies: BCS Europe, and Ecocert. Our oil is also certified Kosher and Halal.